Welcome to PyScrabble
PyScrabble is an online, multiplayer Scrabble game.
Please note that Scrabble is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc in the US and throughout the rest of the world by J.W. Spear & Sons Limited of Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, a subsidiary of Mattel Inc.
Neither myself, nor this game are affiliated with the Scrabble Crossword Game, Hasbro, Spear & Sons or Mattel in any fashion.
Written by Kevin Conaway.
- Ability to chat with all users connected to a server, send private messages and offline messages.
- Player rankings and server statistics. This includes the ability to track your overall record and your record against other players.
- Ability to play in simultaneous games.
- Use of ENABLE (Enhanced North American Benchmark LExicon) for English word lookup
- Timed Games
Available in the following languages:
- Developed entirely in Python.
- Uses the Twisted framework for event-driven, asynchronous network programming.
- PyGTK for windowing.
See the game in action!
- Maintainer(s) wanted
- PyScrabble 1.6.2 released!
- PyScrabble 1.6.1 released!
I'm looking for help in the following areas:
- Translators! If PyScrabble isn't translated into your native language, lets work together to make it happen.
- Public Servers. Redundancy is good. If you can host a public server, please let me know.
If you think you'd be able to help out, please let me know!